"We would be together and have our books and at night be warm in bed together with the windows open and the stars bright."
Words Inspired by Real People →
- bloomers — after Amelia Bloomer, a women’s rights advocate
- cardigan — after the Seventh Earl of Cardigan, James Thomas Brudenell (1797-1868)
- chauvinism — after legendary French soldier Nicolas Chauvin
- decibel — after Alexander Graham Bell, one tenth of a bel
- guppy — after R.J. Lechmere Guppy (1836-1916), a Trinidadian clergyman
- leotard — after Jules Léotard (1830-1870), the French aerialist
- masochism — after Leopold von Sacher-Masoch (1836-1895), the Austrian author of Venus in Furs
- pompadour — after Jeanne Antoinette Poisson, the Marquise de Pompadour
- saxophone — after Belgian instrument designer and musician Adolphe Sax
- silhouette — after Étienne de Silhouette (1709-1767), a French finance minister
"Stuff your eyes with wonder, he said, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories."
"I’m not sure what I’ll do, but— well, I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale."
I am in love people’s passion. I couldn’t have worded it better.
The World Map of Currencies
Love this for so many reasons!